Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
WROXHAM LAUNCH HIRE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE – 2021
Self drive day launches and picnic boats are offered for hire by Wroxham Day Boats Ltd whose registered office is at 61 Station Road, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2SP, trading as WROXHAM LAUNCH HIRE (The Company).
All boats offered for hire by The Company are licensed by The Broads Authority and operated in accordance with the said authority’s Code of Practice for Day Boat Hire Procedures 2005.
Boats are only hired to members of the public over 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to drive self drive motor boats.
Refund Policy: All of our boats are suitable to use in the rain. On very rare occasions the Company may deem conditions too windy and close. Full refunds are payable for any day the Company has to close. At all other times, full refunds are only payable when the booking is cancelled 5 days before the date of the hire.
Boats are hired to members of the public (The Hirer) which expression includes all members of the party hiring the boat in question and The Company reserves the right not to hire a boat to any person whom it considers is unsuitable to operate the type of boat in question, upon the following terms:
(a) No liability to The Hirer is accepted by The Company for loss or damage to the Hirer’s belongings
(b) No liability to The Hirer is accepted by The Company for injury to or death of The Hirer during the course of the hire or during embarkation or disembarkation and Hirers use the pontoons, quays and other landings on the river entirely at their own risk.
(c) The Company will:
1) Instruct The Hirer how to operate the safety and other equipment on board the boat and instruct The Hirer how to
operate the motor but The Hirer uses the same at their own risk
2) Ensure that the boat and its equipment are in a functional state during the hire and that there is sufficient fuel for the hire but to a maximum of one day only
3) Make available life jackets or buoyancy aids for all members of the party but shall not be held liable to a Hirer who does not wear or require the same
(d) The Hirer will:
1) Use the boat in the manner which is consistent with the rules of navigation and shall at all times take into consideration other users of the river whether in boats or not.
2) Keep to the right-hand side & give way to everything (non-motorised craft (yachts, canoes), commercial traffic (including passenger boats and barges).
3) Observe all speed limits; 4 mph is a very brisk walking/jogging pace, slow down when passing moored boats, heavy fines for speeding are common.
4) Keep to the area shown on the map in each boat and not use the boat outside of this area. The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury to or death of Hirers arising outside the permitted area. The day boat is not permitted downstream of Acle Road bridge on Bure, upstream of Potter Heigham Old road Bridge on Thurne or
upstream of Barton Broad on River Ant.
5) Operate the boat as instructed in handling, manoeuvring and mooring; dayboats are simple to operate with a throttle, steering wheel and means of stopping and starting the engine, the yard staff have explained to the hirer how to operate the craft and tie simple knots with the lines provided to mooring posts, navigation hazards
including river-flows through bridges and tide have been explained. Avoid shallow water, often marked with “Shallow water” signs or buoys, underwater obstructions can be marked with yellow wooden posts.
6) All persons must remain in seating area when the boat is underway, no sitting on the deck of the craft. Do not sit on the bow with feet dangling over the side or the roof.
7) Ensure weight is evenly distributed. A safe method of boarding has been demonstrated.
8) Be responsible for extra hire fees if the boat is returned late for any reason except if such lateness is caused by
failure of the motor or of equipment in the boat in which case The Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of their hire fees in the proportion affected by such failure but no further compensation unless The Company has failed to take
9) Take care to ensure that all members of the party conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with the rule of navigation, safety on board the vessel, and all matters which are reasonable to expect from The Hirer of a private self drive boat, and not permit persons under the age of 18 to drive the motor boat.
10) Be liable to The Company for all damage to the boat, its contents and equipment caused by The Hirer’s unreasonable behaviour, or misuse of the vessel.
11) Return the boat after hire in the same state and condition as it was when hired and if The Company is obliged to clean or tidy the boat as a result of failure of The Hirer to comply with the Terms and Conditions then The Hirer shall pay The Company a reasonable fee for such extra work. The Company reserves the right to charge a refundable deposit for any group hiring a boat.
Beat the queues and book your boat early
Terms and Conditions for
All craft must be returned by stated time.
Advanced bookings taken on full day hire only.
Advanced bookings accepted on all boats – minimum of 4 hours hire with the latest start time of 10am..
Looking to book
Have any questions?
We are easy to find, the entrance to Wroxham Launch Hire is situated beside the bridge at Wroxham on the A1151.
Wroxham Launch Hire
The Bridge Hoveton Wroxham
Norfolk, NR12 8DA